One of the most popular “scrap hacks” i’ve posted onto ScrapHacker is the pallet kitchen sofa. While it’s quietly still sitting in a nook of my kitchen, pictures of it, and me making it this summer, have gone viral. A recent share onto a Brazilian DIY Facebook page resulted in the picture being shared an astonishing 1902 times. When I initally shared it onto the ScrapHacker Facebook wall I was happy to score 117 shares, but now, 6 months later, the hack has gone viral, also reaching into many corners of the sprawling Pinterest community. Funny to think that something I made on a sort of experimental whim, ended up affecting lives of others in some sort creativity boosting manner, showing that small means can create a big impact in the social media landscape of our day and age.
Welcome to the personal blog of Filippa Malmegård. Posts will feature my own thoughts and ideas on D.I.Y (do-it-yourself), open source, UX (User experience) and innovation. ... I have a passion for building empowering creative experiences that build and connect practical creative confidence. My projects on this theme include my D.I.Y themed blog called ScrapHacker.com, the founding of Stockholm Makerspace (a crowdfunded makerspace of which I am a co-founder) and national Maker platform called "Makers of Sweden". ... My professional life reflects my interest in helping brands build social and empowering creative experiences, and after working for the major Swedish building materials retailer Byggmax 2012-2014 I moved to Denmark to join LEGO in March 2014, where I now work with the inspiring robot maker community around the LEGO MINDSTORMS robotics platform. Don't hesitate to contact me with questions or comments.
GET IN TOUCH
Find me on LinkedIn.
- Colors as emotional architecture building blocks
- The Internet of Skills
- Stockholm Makerspace meetup c/o Parallell Gallery
- My visit to ‘NYC Resistor’ – Cult hackspace in Brooklyn
- Hacks gone viral – From my kitchen to 2000+ shares on Facebook
- D.I.Y’ers = The new innovators
- Eating pizza & making friends
- Avocados and crowdsourcing – Squeezing the most out of the intelligent crowd
- ScrapHacker guest post on Wired Design
- ScrapHacker gets featured in Cosmopolitan Slovenija
- The results are in! Stockholm Makerspace gets a crowdfunded start
- Looking back #1: Open Source Hardware Summit
- “Reclaiming Creativity” – Talking @ TEDxWomen
- Crowdfunding Stockholm Makerspace
- “D.I.Ysign D.I.Yversity” – Video from my Talk on Creative Mornings
- Crowdsourcing innovation – 5 platforms that are getting it right
- ‘The Maker Movement’ – An introduction
- My talk @ Creative Mornings Stockholm
- A ‘Makerspace’ in the making
- ‘Hello Etsy’ Revisited
- TV Interview on Open Source Design
- Interview about Ikea Hacking & D.I.Y culture
- The Maker movement crosses the Atlantic – TED announces “D.I.Y Revolution”
- The School of Life and The surge for skill
- Losing my AirBNB virginity
- New blog. Done!
- RT @PeterDiamandis: As we near the end of 2015, here are my top 10 picks for 2015 technology breakthroughs. buff.ly/1IEDzu0When? 3 years ago
- RT @brainpicker: In Praise of Shadows—ancient Japanese aesthetics and how our technology shapes our thought buff.ly/1RDob3H https:/…When? 3 years ago
- RT @open_ai: Hello, world: openai.com/blog/introduci…When? 3 years ago